15 CEO's of CCI companies endorsed the Corporate Compact on May 17th, 2013 at the Summit of Political and Business Leaders committing them to come together as business leaders to protect the Caribbean's marine and coastal environment.
The CCI companies committed to specific actions that focus on the themes identified within the CCI Leaders Declaration Framework of Action.
Sir Richard Branson of the Virgin group signs the CCI Corporate Compact. Photo Credit: Charlotte Bufton / Virgin Unite
Conservation actions of CCI companies are guided by 6 principles:
- We are co-responsible for the stewardship of natural resources.
- We will seek to partner with governments and local communities on joint solutions.
- We will act now.
- We will change business practices as necessary.
- We will engage our value chain to do the same.
- We will be a leading voice in our industry.